What if Drupal formed a partnership with Balsamiq.
Its 4 o'clock in the morning and I had this idea that I had to write down and share.
What if Drupal formed a partnership with Balsamiq. Balsamiq hosted all diagrams for each and every project. Every Drupal project page would have a link to Balsamiq diagram page.
- drupal.mybalsamiq.com/projects/X would be related to drupal.org/project/X
- Balsamiq project page would be wiki. And the maintainers and co-maintainers would have a higher level of access.
- Balsamiq would have an API to drupal.org to be able to use its authentication so you would not have to login in twice.
I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but this is what I would see the term and condition be:
- Drupal.org pays X sum of money to Balsamiq for them hosting the diagrams for drupal.org.
- Into, Balsamiq pays X drupal.org to become Gold Sponsor at all future DrupalCons (where X is the same in #1).
- Balsamiq has a limited license to use the Drupal trademark name.
- If at whatever time Balsamiq does not want to honour Drupal.org, then they can cancel their service with 1-3 month notice.
- If at whatever time Drupal.org does not honur want to honour Balsamiq, then they can cancel sponsor service with a 3 month notice (all DrupalCon within 3 months still receive Gold sponsorship)
I know a lot of people know what Balsamiq (desktop version) and myBalsamiq (online collaboration version) is. We could use another online collaboration tool for Drupal.org. I am not against this.
Balsamiq does have its one major Con, as it is uses Adobe Shadow. It would be nice if there was an HTML 5 version.
Feel free to leave your comments and thoughts below.